As the first snowflakes appear, we know it’s time to get ready to host the annual Holiday Brunch for our Meals-on-Wheels clients! This year’s brunch will be on Thursday, December 12th.
This is by far the most popular event for our Meals-on-Wheels clients and a great opportunity to get to know them better as we share a traditional holiday meal (meat and vegetarian options available).
We need a bit of help to make this event possible and invite you to sign up for one (or several) of the following tasks:
- Food preparation: Help prepare food in the kitchen in advance of the event on Tuesday, December 10th and Wednesday, December 11th (2-5pm).
- Space set-up and Decoration: Get our 2nd floor ready and filled with holiday magic on Wednesday, December 13th from 3:30-6:30 pm.
- Kitchen service: The day of the event, we are looking for volunteers to assist our kitchen staff in serving all 80+ guests from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Table service: During the holiday brunch, we need some support with taking orders and serving guests from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Dishwashing: Help with cleanup from 11:00 am to 3:00pm once food and drinks have been served to our clients and volunteers (lunch will be provided!).
- Driving or accompanying a driver: We provide transportation for our clients to and from the event. Drivers and passengers also act as “gentle hosts” once at the Roulant, making sure our guests feel at home. If interested, please let us know if you have your own vehicle or if you wish to use a Roulant car (although we only have two!).
To join the volunteer team or get more information, please contact Chelsea by email or by phone (514-284-9335). Thank you!