Santrovélo is a do-it-yourself community bike shop associated with and supported by Santropol Roulant. Our mission is to empower community members and promote active transportation, cycling safety, and eco-sustainability through bike repair. Our volunteer mechanics provide knowledge and access to tools in an enthusiastic, respectful, and inclusive safe space.
SantroVélo is a place of learning, so we won’t fix your bike for you like at a regular bike shop. Instead, the volunteers will teach, guide, and support you as you learn to fix your bike and use the tools yourself.
Services returning in Spring 2021
- Broken / worn out cables and housing replacement
- Cleaning and Lubricating the Chain
- Replacing the chain
- Replacing Brake Pads/adjusting brake
- Loose pedals
- Loose Headsets
- Gear Indexing/drive train adjustments
- Minor wheel truing
- Light general tune-up/safety check + tightening of miscellaneous bolts/screws loose on the bike.
- Adjustments of axle cones in wheel hubs.
Services not offered
- We are not equipped to service disc brakes or high end road bikes.
- We will also not be offering help with flats. At this time we are giving priority to other types of repairs since flat repairs can be done using the tools provided at the roadside tool stations or with flat repair kits sold at any local bike shop.Find a station close to you
How to Fix a Flat
Shop Services and Parts
We currently are unable to accept bike or parts donations at the workshop.
Additionally, the services we offered to members in the shop such as the ability to buy new or used parts, use of tools and recycling are unavailable.
Join us as a VolunteerWould you like to join Santrovélo Mobile team as a volunteer and help community members fix their bikes? Then contact us by filling out this form.
Already a volunteer with us? Here are our protocols in place for this summer.