Santrovélo is a do-it-yourself community bike shop associated with and supported by Santropol Roulant. Our mission is to empower community members and promote active transportation, cycling safety, and eco-sustainability through bike repair. Our volunteer mechanics provide knowledge and access to tools in an enthusiastic, respectful, and inclusive safe space.
Santrovélo is a place of learning, so we won’t fix your bike for you like at a regular bike shop. Instead, the volunteers will teach, guide, and support you as you learn to fix your bike and use the tools yourself.
Tuesdays & Wednesday
5:30pm to 7:30pm (by appointment)
Drop-in visitors welcome, with priority to appointment holders
To book an appointment, please look at the calendar below. We generally have 4 spots per open day available. Please note that if none appear the spaces have been booked.
Depending on volunteer availability, we are generally open Tuesday & Wednesday evenings from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. The per visit fee is $10, or pay-what-you-can.
If the booking tool does not appear, please click this link.
Our current indoor setup features a limited capacity of 3 volunteer mechanics and up to 4 patrons per session.
DIY Services you can do here
- Flat tires
- Broken / worn out cables and housing replacement
- Cleaning and Lubricating the Chain
- Replacing the chain
- Replacing Brake Pads/adjusting brake
- Loose pedals
- Loose Headsets
- Gear Indexing/drive train adjustments
- Minor wheel truing
- Light general tune-up/safety check + tightening of miscellaneous bolts/screws loose on the bike.
- Adjustments of axle cones in wheel hubs.
- This is not an exhaustive list but keep mind the work needs to be done in under two hours
- Some repairs may be limited due to lack of new/used parts
Services not offered
- We are not equipped to service disc brakes or high end road bikes.
- Service of e-bikes
Shop Services and Parts
Clients of the workshop have the ability to buy new or used parts, use the tools, and recycle anything at the end of the session.
We currently are unable to accept bike or parts donations at the workshop.