Santropol Roulant is a collaborative work environment that values and actively contributes to the professional and personal development of its employees. We prioritize offering paid positions to young people who are passionate about the work and mission of the Roulant, and who bring a great mix of valuable experiences and the desire to develop new skills.
Please note we do not accept unsollicted CVs or applications, nor do we keep past applications for review when a new position opens. Our job openings are always posted on our website here and also listed in our newsletter. Sign up to receive our bi-monthly newsletter, and you’ll have all of the job postings arrive in your inbox.
Recent Job Openings
How to apply for a job at the Roulant
Thanks for your interest in working as a paid member of the Santropol Roulant community! We strongly encourage you to read over our website, especially the sections about our core values and our mission and any section relevant to the position you are applying for, before you start writing your application. A complete job application for Santropol Roulant consists of two documents:
The purpose of your CV is to provide us with clear information about your past work, educational, and volunteer experiences that you feel are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- You can briefly highlight the skills that you acquired in these positions.
- Clearly indicate any hard skills (languages spoken and written, computer skills, etc) that are identified as important in the job posting.
- Don’t forget to list your experience volunteering at Santropol Roulant if you have some! The people on the hiring committee may not have met you before.
Your cover letter is an opportunity to explain how your skills and past experiences make you an excellent candidate for the position you are applying for. Here are some elements that a good cover letter would likely include:
- What excites you about working at Santropol Roulant, and in this position in particular;
- Make connections with your CV – how your past experiences will translate into success in the position;
- Any life experience or personal interests that would make you a good fit for the job;
- What experiences or skills you would look forward to acquiring or developing in your time at Santropol Roulant
Do you need help preparing your application? Your local Carrefour Jeunesse Emploi may be able to help you! Their mission is to support young people in entering the job market.
More About Our Employment Policy
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. People of color, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in your cover letter.
As an organisation with a mandate to promote youth empowerment and youth training, we encourage you to apply even if you feel the job description may include responsibilities that exceed your direct previous experiences. As a general rule, we recommend that if you have 70% of the skills listed in the job posting, you shouldn’t hesitate to apply!
Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions about how your reduced mobility or other physical challenges could be an asset or a challenge for a specific position. We look forward to receiving your application!
Proposing your own non-remunerated internship
Santropol Roulant has had the great privilege of benefiting from the insights and hard work of many volunteer interns, in areas ranging from website development to nutritional analysis. However, we choose to limit the number of people that we take on as interns, in order to assure that we can give them the support they need, and so that their contributions can really make a difference.
We highly recommend that you become a volunteer so that you gain a hands-on experience working at the Roulant before proposing to do an internship here. We also recommend that you read about our mission, our programs and the core principles of our engagement to familiarize yourself with the organisation.
If you would like to volunteer for a program on a regular basis (work at the farm one day/week, or deliver meals for the Meals-on-Wheels every Wednesday afternoon, for instance), please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator.
If you are interested in a volunteer internship, to meet the requirements of an academic program, a job-readiness program or simply have time and energy to invest in the Roulant, please call or send an email to our Human Resources Director, with the following information:
- The program you would like to work with (Fundraising? Social entrepreneurship? The Farm? The Meals-on-Wheels program?)
- The time commitment you can make (we recommend 10–20 hours/week) and the duration for which you are available (we encourage a minimum of 2 months)
- Some information about what you would hope to learn during your time at the Roulant