When you make a contribution to Santropol Roulant, in any amount, you are contributing to increased access to healthy food, to a stronger local food system, and to social inclusion. Meanwhile, monthly contributions help create sustainability for the organization and yourself. You can invest in your personal impact and engagement, as well as in the future of the Roulant. Monthly gifts allow us to:
- Plan ahead! Steady revenue allows us to plan activities all year long.
- Respond to emergencies, like a bad harvest or a broken fridge.
- Diminish our fundraising costs, which allows us to focus on our work.
Thank you for your support!
The impact of your donation
Support services, activities, events and community workshops that bring people and generations together through food and community engagement.
Deliver 100+ home-cooked, healthy meals per day, 5 days per week for people living with a loss of autonomy in Montreal, and increase access to fresh & local produce.
Provide professional development and training experiences for hundreds of interns, volunteers and staff, and offer a setting to cultivate their leadership.
Santropol Roulant is a nationally registered Canadian charity (#140 717 414 RR 0001), all donations over $10 are entitled to a charitable donation tax receipt. With your help, together we can weave a stronger, more vibrant, social fabric in Montreal.
More ways to contribute
- Our wish list outlines in-kind gifts, from an annual supply of mosquito repellent to dream worthy infrastructure upgrades, that will make our work more efficient. If you have one or more of the items on this list, please contact Melanie by email or call 514-284-9335. Thank you!
- Donate A Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Santropol Roulant and provides free towing in many areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. After your Vehicle Donation is complete, you will receive a tax receipt and your vehicle will be recycled or sold at auction.
- Looking for other ways to increase your impact in your community? Check our our Corporate Engagement Opportunities including team-building activities!
Frequently asked questions
We use Simplyk, a 100% free donation platform funded by contributions from generous donors like you. The model is based on transparency: 100% of your donation goes to Santropol Roulant, whereas other donation platforms take a percentage.
This is why Simplyk asks for a voluntary contribution, or “tip”, to help pay the bank fees, support the operation of the platform, and allow Santropol Roulant and thousands of other non-profits to increase their impact and change the world. Thank you!
You have complete control over how much you contribute to Simplyk. On top of being 100% free for Santropol Roulant to use, here are some reasons we love Simplyk, and some reasons you may choose to support them too:
1. Simplyk sends instant tax receipts to donors.
2. Simplyk streamlines the administration and tracking of your donation, freeing up valuable Roulant staff time.
3. Simplyk covers the bank fees of all donations made through the platform.
You have a few different options:
1. Set the tip amount to $0 and proceed with your payment online.
2. Write a cheque to Santropol Roulant.*
Mail or drop off in person to:
111 Roy Street East
3. Pay by credit card over the phone or in person.*
Note that Credit Card payments in person or over the phone are subject to Moneris fees on Santropol Roulant’s end.
*Your tax receipt will not be automatically generated, and may take a few weeks to process by the Roulant fundraising team.
There are a few different ways monthly donors contribute, so first determine which way you give: through CanadaHelps, Simplyk, or a direct credit card payment processed by Santropol Roulant staff.
CanadaHelps (donations established before November 2019)
1. Sign into your CanadaHelps Account
2. Once logged into your Donor Account, click “Your Monthly Donations” tab
3. You will see a list of all the monthly donations you have set up with CanadaHelps. To edit or cancel an existing monthly donation, click the “Change” button on the same row as the charity name.
4. Once clicked, you will see all the details of that monthly donation. You can change any of the details, including the amount or recurrence date. To cancel your monthly donation, click the button at the bottom right of the page that says “Stop this payment”
Instructions coming soon!
Contact us today!