After the success of Rue Fermier and the popularity of its gardens, we are once again giving you the opportunity to join in on two exclusive visits of La Cité des Hospitalières in September!
These tours, reserved for Santropol Roulant members, will allow you to discover the conventual complex of the Hospitalières with a guided tour of the garden, the chapel and the crypt where more than 600 hospital nuns are buried as well as Jeanne Mance, the founder of the Hôtel-Dieu and co-founder of the city of Montreal. The garden, formerly agricultural, and these premises were built in 1861 by the architect Victor Bourgeau. The tour will be guided by the Musée des Hospitalières.
- Date: Thursdays, September 15 and 22, 2022
- Time: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (2 hours)
- Accessibility: the tour is not adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Reservation: RSVPs are mandatory by phone at (514) 849-2919 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price: free, but tickets are limited!
Whether you’ve visited them before or not, the gardens of La Cité are always full of mystery and history and will surely surprise you!