As we’re getting ready to close the curtains on 2018, we are already anticipating the year to come!
Each year at the Roulant, an amazing agriculture team works to make Montreal a more sustainable environment and help improve access to nutritious, organic vegetables. If you have always wanted to work in urban agriculture or peri-urban farming, stay tuned for new agriculture job opportunities coming your way soon! Look at our job opportunities section, or subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter to receive updates in your inbox.
In the meantime, here are some fun facts about the 2018 agriculture season!
Did you know, in 2018:
- The farm team harvested over 15 tons of organic veggies! These veggies helped supply the Meals-on-Wheels program, the food preservation program and provided veggies for 125 basket partners over 21 weeks!
- The rooftop garden planted 125 varieties of urban vegetables, of which 603.8 kg was harvested (98 kg came from kale alone)!
- There were 11 educational community workshops given.
- 3 documentary projections took place on the rooftop.
- We faced the biggest heatwave ever experienced!
- We found a new harmful exotic insect in the gardens.