The market has been a regular part of the summer for years in front of the Roulant building and last year just up the street. Community members came together to pick up their organic CSA baskets from the Roulant farm, along with local products and produce from numerous community vendors.
With construction this year in front of the building to finalize the long-awaited permanent installation of the Terrasses Roy, we faced a challenge. A market in a construction zone? Not ideal.
This year, the market will not be happening. But for the greater good – our farm has started a transition to become an educational farm with an even greater emphasis on knowledge sharing and production destined to public health and educational institutions serving more vulnerable populations. As we count on an entirely new team at the farm, this has allowed us to simplify our crops with fewer and easier to grow vegetables, to reimagine our activities and increase our social impact. All while we can glean from our decade of experience in organic peri-urban farming to ensure our production, sales and human resources practices are well aligned with our overall organizational objectives.
There are still other great Farmers Markets happening around the Plateau this year, made possible by our friends over at the Maison de l’amitié. Support your local farmers and artisans!
- Laurier Market
- Place du Coteau-Saint-Louis, 475 Laurier East (north exit of Laurier metro)
- Thursday from 3 PM to 7 PM (until November 17, 2022)
- Sundays from 12 PM to 4 PM (until November 20, 2022)
- Saint-Louis Market
- Square Saint-Louis (on Saint-Denis, near Sherbrooke metro)
- Tuesdays from 3 PM to 7 PM (June 14 to October 25, 2022)
- Baldwin Market
- Terrasse Mercure, Parc Baldwin (corner of Rachel and Fullum)
- Wednesdays from 3 PM to 7 PM (June 15 to October 26 octobre 2022)
We’re hoping to bring back the market once the dust settles on the construction site, and if so, we hope to see you all there!