As Christmas approaches, we are getting ready to host our annual Holiday Brunch for our meals-on-wheels client members, and there are many opportunities for you to get involved!
The event will take place on Thursday December 8th from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, at the Roulant (111 rue Roy E.).
This is by far the most popular event for our meals-on-wheels clients and a great opportunity to get to know them better as you share a traditional Christmas meal. The brunch will involve one meat and one vegetarian option, along with some live music (including a choir)!
And in case you are not free on December 8th but would still like to help, you can still join one of the volunteer shifts happening earlier (more information below).
You are welcome to sign-up for one (or several) of the following tasks:
Set up and decoration:
- Saturday December 3rd, from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday December 7th, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- The day of the event – Thursday December 8th, from 9:00 to 11:00 am
Driving or accompanying a driver:
We provide transportation for our clients to and from the event; Drivers and passengers also act as “gentle hosts” once at the Roulant, making sure our guests feel at home. (If interested, please let us know if you have your own vehicle or if you will be using a Roulant car.)
Food preparation: Come help Jeremie in the kitchen on
- Tuesday Dec 6th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday Dec 7th from 3:00 to 6:00 pm
- The day of the event – Thursday December 8th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Food & drinks service and dish-washing:
- Thursday Dec 8th, from 10:45 am to 2:30 pm, with a nice break to enjoy the brunch of course!
To join the volunteer team or get more information, please contact Sev at their e-mail email@example.com or by phone 514-284-9335. Thank you!
Photo credit: Susan Moss