As the first snowflakes appear, we know it’s time to get ready to host the annual Holiday Brunch for our Meals-on-Wheels clients on Thursday, December 13th!
This is by far the most popular event for our Meals-on-Wheels clients and a great opportunity to get to know them better as we share a traditional holiday meal (meat and vegetarian options available).
We need a bit of your help to make this event possible, and invite you to sign-up for one (or several) of the following tasks:
- Food preparation: Help prepare food in the kitchen – we are currently looking to fill spots in advance of the event – Tuesday, Dec 11th and Wed, Dec 12th (2-5pm).
- Space setup and Decoration: Getting our 2nd floor ready and filled with the holiday magic on Wed, Dec 13th from 4:30-7:30 pm
- Kitchen service: The day of the event, we are looking for volunteers to assist our kitchen staff in serving all 80+ guests from 9:00 am to 1:00pm.
- Table service: During the holiday brunch, we need some support with the order taking and the table service from 11:00 to 1:00.
- Driving or accompanying a driver: We provide transportation for our clients to and from the event; Drivers and passengers also act as “gentle hosts” once at the Roulant, making sure our guests feel at home. If interested, please let us know if you have your own vehicle or if you wish to use a Roulant car.
- Dish-washing: Help with clean up from 1:00-4:00pm once food and drinks have been served to our clients and volunteers (lunch will be provided!)
To join the volunteer team or get more information, please contact Jean-Francois by email or by phone (514-284-9335). Thank you!