Here are the measures implemented by the Roulant, to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and to protect the community of Santropol Roulant.
Additional measures may be added without notice.
Access to the Building
- If you have traveled or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, have a fever, have a cough, or feel unwell, we ask you not to enter the Roulant;
- At all times, anyone entering the Roulant must wash their hands;
- The Roulant will be completely closed on Thursdays;
- Practice social distancing at all time when at the Roulant;
- Access to the Roulant has been restricted to volunteers who come for their shift. To access the General Store and frozen meals, call us at 514-284-9335.
- The kitchen is now a space strictly reserved for kitchen staff and volunteers;
- Thursday prep shifts are cancelled;
- The number of volunteers has been reduced to ensure safe spacing between each person. Four (4) volunteers will work in the morning while two (2) will take part in the afternoon shift.
- If you live with someone who is immunocompromised or is a healthcare worker, we ask you not to volunteer;
- Volunteer info sessions are replaced with individual sessions;
- Community lunches are suspended. Volunteers can take special frozen meals on a pay what you can basis.
- Delivery bags will be prepared by staff members and volunteers will be split in two waves to avoid having too many people in the volunteer lounge at the same time;
- The community cake plate will be replaced by individually packed dessert that volunteers will be able to take after their shift.
- Volunteers will leave meals on the client’s door in a plastic bag without being in contact with clients;
- Clients have been advised by phone calls made by staff;
- New cleaning procedures for the delivery bags have been implemented;
- To replace the contact between clients and volunteers who deliver meals, some volunteers will call clients to check in and chat;
- As usual, we will contact health services if we notice anything unusual with our clients.
- Santrovélo is closed until further notice;
- All collective meetings will take place remotely.