Santropol Roulant is looking to complete its kitchen team! Are you a whiz in the kitchen? Do you love community, food, sustainability and seniors?
We’re looking for a Community Cook in our Meals-on-Wheels program.
The position is part-time (20 hours per week) with a flexible schedule. Could it be you?
Key Elements of the Job
- Working under the supervision of Aidan the kitchen programs manager;
- Coordinating a team of kitchen volunteers for our regular meals on wheels service;
- Preparing customized and creative meals on the fly for clients with food restrictions;
- Processing and preserving food for regular service use as part of our food cycle program;
- Assisting with other kitchen programs in areas like workshops, canning, and catering.
Interests, Skills and Experience
- Passion for cooking, working in a kitchen and for using food to create social change;
- Experience with cooking for large numbers of people on a daily basis;
- Experience and excitement about working with volunteers from diverse backgrounds;
- Experience creating menus appropriate for people with specific dietary needs an asset;
- Understanding of food security issues in Montreal and nutritional needs of seniors;
- Attention to detail, especially in relation to cleanliness and hygiene;
- Comfortable working in English and French, other languages an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Excited about working in a collaborative and dynamic work environment;
- At ease with working under pressure while maintaining a supportive atmosphere for volunteers.
Additional Details on the Opportunity
The position will be paid at a rate of $14.89 per hour and includes a paid lunch hour and a quarterly wellness benefit.
We’ll be accepting applications until July 6, 2020 for a start as soon as possible. The position will remain posted so send your application so it’s in our bank of candidate.
This job may require lifting loads of 25 lbs, regularly as well as moving stock up and down stairs, standing, crouching and bending.
Fill out the online application form and submit your letter or interest and resume today! Make sure to mention the Community Cook position.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer and are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom. Come as you are and let’s break social isolation together!