Do you want the Roulant to be an even more welcoming space where everyone can bring their individuality and thrive?
Here is what you’ll do as a volunteer committee member:
- Promote safer space as defined by this policy;
- Review and update the policy on a regular basis in accordance with the Act respecting Labour Standards in Québec; in the interest of a healthy and safe working environment for all organizational members; and to ensure that this policy meets the needs of the organization;
- Provide support and guidance to members with questions or concerns about the policy;
- Educate all members on issues related to harassment in its many forms, as well as bullying and discrimination.
- Develop strategies, tools and communication materials that promote the creation of a safer and inclusive space for all of our community members;
- Receive and investigate reports and complaints about harassment;
- Guide parties through the processes outlined in the policy;
- Make determinations and, in the instance of substantiated claims, determine appropriate remedies and corrective action;
- Ensure that this policy is applied in a timely, consistent and confidential manner.
Currently, the committee is in need of new members with the following skills, interest and demonstrated experience in any of the following areas
- Commitment to the main objective of the policy – inclusion, safer space, and developing intervention strategies to prevent bullying and harassment in all its forms;
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills: comfort with conflict and an interest to act as a third party;
- Comfort deliberating on tough issues, issuing remedial and disciplinary actions and maintaining composure in emotionally charged situations;
- Communicating in English and French with different audiences on issues related to the safer spaces policy;
- Familiarity with the milieu, training organizations or toolkits on the subject of safer space and non-harassment;
- Artistic and creative ability (writing, drawing, photography and graphic design).
If you are interested in joining the work of the committee, please share a letter of interest with the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’d be interested in joining the committee and the skills you’d like to bring to our work. Your participation is crucial to making sure we have a global vision of safer space, at all levels and in all corners of our community.