Over the holiday season, we sent a new meal calendar to our meals-on-wheels clients, like we do every year.
The meal calendar is a critical tool that enables our client-members to maintain their autonomy over their food decisions. It allows each client to be more informed about what they eat, and to choose the days that they want to receive a meal based on their personal preferences.
This year, we have experimented with a new, 6-month format: this will allow us to better incorporate the vegetables that come from our rooftop gardens into our meals during the second half of the year.
As a reminder, our meals-on-wheels service consist of:
- 5 days per week, 52 weeks per year we deliver a warm and healthy meal prepared that very same day.
- A main dish and two side-dishes – vegetables or starch- and an option of a dessert, a fruit salad or a green salad all prepared fresh in our kitchen.
- The meals are low in sodium and fat, adapted to the nutritional needs of our typically elderly clients.
- Most of the vegetables are coming from our garden during the harvest season.
- 100% of the meat is organic and we always offer an vegetarian alternative.
- We offer a variety of 30 meals in rotation throughout the year.
- We accommodate allergies, food restrictions and the personal preferences of our clients.
Contact Kateri, Meals-on-Wheels Director, for any questions about our menu or our service!