Save the date! June 16th will be our first market day of the season. Every Thursday from 4-7pm, June through October, come to our market on the corner of Roy and Coloniale to stock up on farm fresh, local and certified organic vegetables grown on the tip of the island of Montreal!
With the warm weather we’ve been having and a little rain, the farm is growing lush and green. Here’s what we anticipate harvesting for the first market:
- Leafy greens: lettuce, spinach and pack choy
- Crunchy roots and brassicas: radish, white turnip and kholrabi and maybe some carrots or beets
- Fruit: Strawberries and rhubarb
- Herbs: Basil, coriander and parsley
- Alliums: Garlic scapes & onions
The first batches of spinach, arugula and spring salad mix have already made guest appearances in our General Store, reawakening our palates to the wonderful textures and flavours of spring!
You’ll also be able to pick up some fresh bread and pastries, preserves and quality meats at the market.