Santropol Roulant is looking for an organized and positive person to join our team as an Administrative Assistant to support the Roulant’s management.
The candidate will contribute their energy toward building and sustaining strong connections with Santropol Roulant’s donors. They will gain fundraising experience in the context of a community organization, and become familiar with a diverse funding base.
- Maintain contact database on Salesforce of funders and partners
- Process direct deposits and ensure they are properly tracked in accounting and entered into Salesforce (Moneris, Paypal, Simplyk, CanadaHelps, United Way, Benevity);
- Participate in the development of donor recognition and donor stewardship: ensure individual donors, and sometimes corporate donors or foundations, are properly tracked and thanked by team members;
- Coordinate volunteers when support is needed for donor recognition activities;
- Maintain communications with individual and monthly donors in order to deepen relationships;
- Provide tax receipts to all our donors;
- File and organize fundraising documents, support financial audit, providing all contracts, letters of support.
Key skills, interests and experiences:
- Interest for food security, community care, volunteer engagement and agriculture;
- Excitement for non-profit work and our community-focused mission;
- Familiarity and experience with data entry and data management platforms;
- Sense of initiative, capacity to work independently and handle responsibilities;
- Organized with an attention to detail;
- Developed written communication skills in French are required.
This is a permanent part-time position (24 hours a week) starting mid-June on organisational needs. The schedule will be decided by the Director of Human Resources in collaboration with the successful candidate. Our preference is for the hours to be spread over several days throughout the week. This is a salaried position at $14.89 per hour.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community, and are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible
To apply, please fill out our application form including your motivation letter and resume by June 7th, 2020. We will only be contacting candidates who are chosen for an interview.
To help you with your application, you can read more about applying for a job at Santropol Roulant. Don’t hesitate to contact Jamiey by email if you have any questions about eligibility requirements or the application process!