Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? Here’s a chance to work with our volunteers, learn about the daily operations, and participate in our collaborative management structure. The volunteer coordination internship is an enriching way to learn and grow at the Roulant! Get ready for a once in a lifetime experience working alongside an energetic team and meet a community of inspiring individuals.
Our volunteer coordination team is the principle point of interaction with our volunteer community who contribute greatly to making all volunteers feel welcome and appreciated. As the contract progresses, the volunteer program intern will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibilities, to participate in and contribute to Santropol Roulant’s organizational processes, including weekly staff meetings, special events, and working committees.
- Develop enriching relationships with Roulant volunteers from different backgrounds and with different needs, and support volunteers in developing their leadership through their community engagement at the Roulant;
- Welcome volunteers to the Roulant before and after their volunteer shifts and respond to volunteer requests and concerns;
- Assist with scheduling and inscription for the volunteer program,and animate volunteer information sessions for new volunteers as needed;
- Assuring a positive volunteer experience and an excellent quality of service for our meals-on-wheels clients;
- Participate in shared administrative tasks such as welcoming visitors to the building and answering phone calls;
- Participate in the collective management of Santropol Roulant during staff meetings and through participation in special committees and community engagement events.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working in a community organization committed to social inclusion;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Great inter-personal and team-work skills;
- Comfortable speaking on the phone;
- Great interest in food security and building social inclusion;
- Interest in working with community members from different backgrounds and of different generations;
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work autonomously;
- Strong written and verbal communication in French and English;
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
This is a full-time 26 weeks position starting early July with an hourly wage of $14.89 for 35 hours/week.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community, and are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible
To apply, please fill out our application form including your motivation letter and resume by June 19. We will only be contacting candidates who are chosen for an interview.
To help you with your application, you can read more about applying for a job at Santropol Roulant. Don’t hesitate to contact Jamiey by email if you have any questions about eligibility requirements or the application process!