We are happy to bring you our seventh recipe in the new series Recipes from the Roulant! These monthly recipes allow you to get to know the different activities of our organization.
In season this month and available at our twice-weekly Farmers’ Market, Nappa cabbage can be used to prepare this delicious and simple condiment.
- 4 cups (1 litre) thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 carrot thinly julienned
- 2 green onions sliced diagonally
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) salt
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled, seeded and thinly julienned
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) chili powder
In a bowl, thoroughly mix the cabbage, carrot, green onions, garlic, ginger and salt. Let macerate for 1 hour. Rinse the vegetables and pat dry with paper towels. Add the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
Serve as a salad or as a garnish for other dishes.