Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? Here’s a chance to work with our clients, learn about the daily operations, and participate in our collaborative management structure. The Meals-on-Wheels Outreach Worker placement is an enriching way to learn and grow at the Roulant! Get ready for a once in a lifetime experience working alongside an energetic team and meet a community of inspiring individuals.
Our Meals-on-Wheels team is the principle point of interaction with our client community who contribute greatly to making all clients feel supported and connected. As the contract progresses, the Meals-on-Wheels Outreach Worker will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibilities, to participate in and contribute to Santropol Roulant’s organizational processes, including weekly staff meetings, special events, and working committees.
- Respond to client questions, intake, explaining the service, gathering feedback and preliminary outreach to the community about our service;
- Build enriching relationships with Roulant clients and their families with a variety of needs and backgrounds, and foster a sense of care and empowerment with our client community;
- Assure a positive volunteer experience and an excellent quality of service for our meals-on-wheels clients and sharing in administrative tasks such as welcoming volunteers and visitors to the building and answering phone calls;
- Participate in meals on wheels shift rotations and other elements of organizational life, such as rotations, weekly staff meetings, annual big events, and occasional committee work;
- Dispatch communications to the client community (touchpoints for bulletins, invitations, confirmations, surveys, and billing);
- Support the regular coordination of volunteers, including with volunteer orientation, training and troubleshooting volunteer and client concerns during meal deliveries;
- Collaborate with the meals on wheels teams for events and activities that engage our client community, and take a lead role on elements related to the client contact for these events.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working in a community organization committed to social inclusion;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Great interpersonal and team-work skills;
- Comfortable speaking on the phone;
- Great interest in food security and building social inclusion;
- Interest in working with community members from different backgrounds and of different generations;
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work autonomously;
- Strong written and verbal communication in French and English;
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
This is a full-time temporary (26 weeks) position starting mid-June, with an hourly wage of $14.89 for 35 hours/week.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community, and are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible
To apply, please fill out our application form including your motivation letter and resume by June 7th, 2020. We will only be contacting candidates who are chosen for an interview.
To help you with your application, you can read more about applying for a job at Santropol Roulant. Don’t hesitate to contact Jamiey by email if you have any questions about eligibility requirements or the application process!