Join the Roulant Roots! Become a monthly donor and nourish your community all year long!
Stabilizing, sustaining and nourishing, the Roulant Roots are a foundation upon which we can grow and flourish. We ask you to nourish your community by becoming a monthly donor!
A monthly contribution to the Roulant creates sustainability for the organization and yourself. You can invest in your personal impact and engagement, as well as in the future of the Roulant.
Did You Know
- Over 200,000 people in greater Montreal experience food insecurity
- 36% of seniors in Montreal live alone and are at higher risk of malnourishment and social isolation
Help us offer Montrealers good food and human contact!
Every week, we deliver 500+ meals to individuals living with a loss of autonomy with the help of 1400 volunteers a year who grow veggies in our gardens, cook food in our kitchen and deliver meals to our clients’ doorsteps.
THREE reasons we love monthly donors
Whether you can afford $5/month or $100/month, your support means the world to us. Monthly gifts allow us to:
- Plan ahead! Steady revenue allows us to plan activities all year long.
- Respond to emergencies, like a bad harvest or a broken fridge.
- Diminish our fundraising costs, which allows us to focus on our work.
Words from our monthly donors
“Since realizing just how simple monthly giving is for my budget and how much it helps the Roulant, I feel like I’m accomplishing two great things at once!”
Valérie, monthly donor
Thank you for your ongoing support! ♥
Frequently asked questions
There are a few different ways monthly donors contribute, so first determine which way you give: through CanadaHelps, Simplyk, or a direct credit card payment processed by Santropol Roulant staff.
CanadaHelps (donations established before November 2019)
1. Sign into your CanadaHelps Account
2. Once logged into your Donor Account, click “Your Monthly Donations” tab
3. You will see a list of all the monthly donations you have set up with CanadaHelps. To edit or cancel an existing monthly donation, click the “Change” button on the same row as the charity name.
4. Once clicked, you will see all the details of that monthly donation. You can change any of the details, including the amount or recurrence date. To cancel your monthly donation, click the button at the bottom right of the page that says “Stop this payment”
Instructions coming soon!
Contact us today!
We use Simplyk, a 100% free donation platform funded by contributions from generous donors like you. The model is based on transparency: 100% of your donation goes to Santropol Roulant, whereas other donation platforms take a percentage.
This is why Simplyk asks for a voluntary contribution, or “tip”, to help pay the bank fees, support the operation of the platform, and allow Santropol Roulant and thousands of other non-profits to increase their impact and change the world. Thank you!
You have complete control over how much you contribute to Simplyk. On top of being 100% free for Santropol Roulant to use, here are some reasons we love Simplyk, and some reasons you may choose to support them too:
1. Simplyk sends instant tax receipts to donors.
2. Simplyk streamlines the administration and tracking of your donation, freeing up valuable Roulant staff time.
3. Simplyk covers the bank fees of all donations made through the platform.
You have a few different options:
1. Set the tip amount to $0 and proceed with your payment online.
2. Write a cheque to Santropol Roulant.*
Mail or drop off in person to:
111 Roy Street East
3. Pay by credit card over the phone or in person.*
Note that Credit Card payments in person or over the phone are subject to Moneris fees on Santropol Roulant’s end.
*Your tax receipt will not be automatically generated, and may take a few weeks to process by the Roulant fundraising team.