On July 20th, Santropol Roulant will open its doors to the public for it’s annual summer community event, Rue Fermier. Come by the Roulant to take part in the activities and learn more about what we do!
When: July 20th between 4pm and 8pm
Where: 111 rue Roy east, on Roy street between Coloniale and De Bullion
Cost: Free entry
This fun and festive event will feature:
- Ongoing tours of the Roulant, including of the collectives and the rooftop garden
- Our Farmer’s Market with local producers and artisans, including veggies from our farm
- Various workshops in urban agriculture, mycology (mushroom growing) and compost
- Tours of Santrovélo, the community bike workshop
- A community picnic-style potluck (bring a dish to share and your own plates and cutlery)
- Some cool refreshments, made with herbs from the farm
- Tastings of our homemade preserves and honey from the beekeeping collective, both available at the General Store
- Toe-tapping music, including Kochevnik and Chaotic Insurrection Ensemble, the anarchist marching band
You can also enjoy the recently opened Terrasses Roy, a public space and urban garden project of the Plateau-Mount-Royal borough taking place in Roy street outside of the Roulant.
For more details, please contact Marie-Anne.
Above photos by Alex Tran.